According to Mark Roemer Oakland, the tiny coastal nation of Monaco has a lot to offer for tourists. If you’re planning a visit to the country, you may consider adjusting your visit to coincide with some of the following biggest events in the nation:
- International Monte-Carlo Circus – This is the world’s greatest and grandest circus event. It also has a jury that gives out the most prestigious awards for the best circus acts. The Clown d’Or is coveted and competed for by the most talented people in the industry. The International Circus Festival started back almost half a century ago in Monte-Carlo, Monaco, and offers a treat for your eyes throughout the festival days. The festival is hosted in a permanent venue, the Chapiteau de Fontvieille. It is usually hosted from late January to early February.
- The Monaco Grand Prix – The Monaco Grand Prix is legendary, and you may have seen it or heard about it at least once on the news, media, or in video games. The Grand Prix circuit is made of the streets of Monaco and the legendary event takes place every year in May. It’s an event that is religiously followed by all Formula 1 fans. Apart from the Grand Prix, Monaco also hosts the E-Prix that has electric cars instead of gas guzzlers.
- Spring Arts Festival – Monaco’s Annual Spring Arts Festival is an exciting cultural event that brings talented artists from across the globe and entertains guests with music, art, theater, and dance at venues throughout the tiny country. Among all the performances you should look forward to the performances of the world-renowned Les Ballets de Monte-Carlo and Monte-Carlo Philharmonic Orchestra.
- Monaco Yacht Show – The Monaco Yacht Show is an annual event that invites some of the best shipbuilders across the globe. In this event, you’ll get to see hundreds of exceptional and unique superyachts and over 500 yachting businesses on display. Manufacturers also use this venue as a launching platform for new extraordinary ships and are able to show the remarkable architecture and engineering that make these behemoths float on water in luxury. Expect to see press conferences, cocktail events, and product presentations onboard yachts.
- Rose Ball – The Rose Ball was created by Princess Grace of Monaco in the 1950s and organized every year in March at the Salle des Etoiles of the Sporting Monte-Carlo. This event brings together the elites and the international high society in one place. For this evening, Monaco is adorned in lights and all sorts of decorations and radiates a festive mood.
- Monte Carlo Jumping International – This event takes place at the foot of the Prince’s Palace in Monaco and has a reputation for being one of the most difficult circuits in the world. The best riders in the world with some of the best horses arrive at Monaco during this festival to compete for the most prestigious award.
Mark Roemer Oakland suggests that you choose a time that lets you see and be a part of most of these events in the country. It’s a good idea to schedule a tour of 30 days to make the most of the tour.