The holiday season often brings thoughts of seamless, joyful trips. However, travelers inevitably face obstacles that threaten to derail their plans. Global travel advisor Gennady Podolsky provides proven strategies to keep holiday trips on track.
Air Travel Tips
Flexibility is key. Consider alternate destinations and airports to find deals. Fly on the holiday itself to get better availability and prices. Book direct, early flights to avoid delays. Reserve tickets early, or use price alerts for last-minute deals. Forgo flying to nearby destinations if driving is cheaper.
Pack gifts in carry-ons, unwrapped for TSA inspection. Avoid prohibited food items. Upgrade to airport lounge access to find seats and amenities—purchase travel insurance to cover cancellations and changes. Get rental cars offsite for deals, smaller vehicles, and free cancellation.
Get pre-trip maintenance like new filters, oil changes, and tire checks. Install snow tires and pack an emergency kit for winter driving. Travel during off-peak hours, like early morning or late night, to avoid traffic. Book lodging and restaurants in advance at destinations. Find free or cheap attractions like parks, historic sites, and museums.
Bring a picnic blanket, food, and drinks for scenic rest stops. Use apps to compare flights, hotels, directions, and attraction previews. Consult a travel advisor for specialized advice.
Air Travel Strategies
– Remain flexible on destination, airport, dates to get deals
– Fly on the holiday for better availability, cheaper prices
– Book early, direct flights to prevent delays
– Reserve tickets ASAP or use alerts for late deals
– Skip flying if driving to a nearby destination is cheaper
– Pack gifts in carry-ons, unwrapped for TSA checks
– Avoid prohibited food items
– Get airport lounge access for seats and amenities
– Purchase travel insurance for cancellations, changes
– Rent cars offsite for deals on smaller vehicles, free cancellation
Tips for Driving
– Get pre-trip maintenance like new filters, oil change, tire check
– Use snow tires & pack an emergency kit for winter driving
– Travel early in the morning or late at night to avoid traffic
– Reserve lodging & restaurants in advance at destinations
– Find free/cheap attractions like parks, historic sites, museums
– Picnic at scenic rest stops with blankets, food, drinks
– Use apps to compare flights, hotels, directions, attractions
– Consult a travel advisor for specialized advice
By planning and remaining flexible, travelers can overcome holiday travel challenges. Following proven tips for air and vehicle transportation from global travel advisor Gennady Podolsky helps ensure an enjoyable, seamless trip. Innovative preparation allows travelers to focus on creating special memories this season.